Saturday, December 5, 2009

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGH

^ The sound of my balls breaking.

First, happy news. Jon got his official acceptance letter to Eastern's MA of History program, yaaaaaay! To celebrate, we got pizza and watched a documentary.

Aggravating news. Trying to get loans and such for school, and am getting retarded mixed signals. Tried applying directly for a Stafford loan, they said they weren't available for OCC. Odd, fine, so I went to Sallie Mae, since they had actually loaned me money without problems. Got everything done, checked my e-mail regularly for a few days, and tonight, not being able to sleep for whatever annoying reason, I came down and checked again. Sallie Mae sent me something saying that they couldn't process the loan because of "missing or discrepant" information, and that I should go fix it. There's a problem with that.

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY WHAT I NEED TO FUCKING FIX.

Not in the e-mail, not on the site, nowhere. In fact, all it DOES say is that the Borrower Action is complete! That I'm -done-, and all that needs to happen is that my school needs to get their ass in gear. I'm gonna have to call tomorrow and hope I don't lose my mind dealing with this stupid shit.

Already planning a worst-case scenario, I don't get into more classes this semester, I wander around looking for a job, and I run screaming back to Eastern as soon as possible, which could mean May if I'm feeling desperate. Financial aid has been so ridiculous at OCC, compared to the complete non-issue it was at EMU, so I have no concerns about getting loans for it, but I say May rather than January because at the point that I would give up on OCC (about a week, since that's when money is due, and my classes will be auto-dropped without it), it's rather late in the game to tell Eastern I want back in for the Winter semester. Although maybe not. I dunno for sure.

I would like things to go right for more than a little while at a time.

Sean

1 comment:

  1. That would be the only advantage of living in California. If you live there for a while (a year, I think), supposedly you get to go to the state colleges for free tuition. Fees still apply, though. But only in California, and I'm not sure how they're doing with the recession and all.

    ReplyDelete