Tuesday, July 14, 2009

do not like Kings of Leon

It's week two of classes. I meant to write sooner, but I've been pretty tired.

I don't know how I've managed to make such a fool of myself in Intro to Psych, but I like the class anyway. The prof spent a lot of time the first day (which I inadvertently left an hour early because my analog clock-reading skillz fail) going on about how abrasive he could be, and how we could argue with him if we wanted. We did not want to. I still like the class anyway. The subject itself is very interesting, and I like reading, but the homework (about 65 definitions every two days) is pretty dull and ball breaking.

Math is frustrating. I have to be there for four hours each session, it's really boring, and I'm not particularly motivated to try, although it's looking more and more like I don't have to, after those evil word problems.

Spent most of Sunday doing church stuff. Went down to see dad at Grosse Isle, then, when I got home, Mark Kane invited me to the Japanese church he occasionally preaches at. So in the ten minutes I had at home, I wolfed down some food and went to more church. There, I was invited to a bible study, which I found out was really Singles bible study. Hrm. It was a new experience. Including dinner, it took four hours. It was a little difficult, since out of the six of us, I was one of two who couldn't speak Japanese, but most of them spoke English. And poor Tomohiro, he barely spoke English. The actual bible study was reeeeeaaaally basic. I dunno if I'd go to one of these again. I like the socialization, but the bible study parts were not challenging enough to have taken so long. I might keep going to Japanese church, though, to supplement my Japanese (and because of the fact that I haven't settled at a new church yet). At dinner, each of us was supposed to explain "how the days" since we'd last spoken, had "treated us." It's some sort of Japanese thing, but it was neat.

I saw a scene from Once Upon a Time in the West, and now I feel I must see it. I still have to watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, too. I never thought I would enjoy Westerns. I know my grandpa Hannan had a lot of that stuff, but it was Hollywood stuff, lotsa John Wayne (though I've never seen any of that, so I can't comment on it). But these spaghetti Westerns have sucked me right in. I was pleasantly surprised. I might check some of the big name stuff out to keep broading that experience. The only other real Western film I've seen is Tombstone, and it is not like the Sergio Leone movies. Is Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven any good??

Very tired.

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Unforgiven is excellent. Anything with Clint as cop (Dirty Harry) or western is good, unless there's an orangutan in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the movie "Pale Rider" - waaaay good. Oh, and "The Outlaw Josey Wales" is really good too.

    As for Psychology Definitions - can you get a copy of the APA Dictionary of Psychology? If not, let me know...remember I used to work for APA, and I still have a friend there so I might be able to get some sort of a discount. Let me know, ok? Oh, and they're either working on a College Dictionary, or it's just been release....look it up and let me know.

    ReplyDelete