Saturday, August 1, 2009

s'nice not to wake up to an alarm

I don't do much, but I started to forget what it was like.

I'm more than halfway done with these two classes! That's crazy! Every time I think about them, they seem to stretch on and on, but they're seven and a half weeks long... And this was the end of week four. Whaaaaat.

It's hard to talk about spiritual stuff, here, there, everywhere (digression-- I had a Beatles dream last night), and, more importantly than venue, the people I'm trying to talk to. A lot of my friends are irreligious (agnostic and atheist), and whenever I'm trying to bring up a certain point, it and whatever issue of faith I'm speaking about is disregarded in different ways, depending on the circle of friends. With my Ypsi crew, it's "Why do you even *need* religion?", while in Redford, the responses are nothing more than snide comments, which carry implicit messages that are only immediately apparent to the speaker(s) or are not conducive to a real discussion, which is what I'm looking for, dammit!

On the other hand, those spiritually inclined in any sense are either uninterested or unavailable. I need more acquaintances who care about the same things, know the same things, or will at least humor me! I was about to say I needed to talk about serious things, or maybe I was taking things too seriously, but I just need to talk about something a little heavier than hypothetical Army stuff with Ken's friends. I feel withdrawn.

I met with a new psychiatrist for more Concerta (my form of ritalin), and I really liked him. He was a genuine mumbler, though. Not like my parents think *I* am, this guy was a REAL MUMBLER. But he was cool! He pointed me to the Maple Theater, the artsy film theater I'd always heard about but never knew where it was. He mentioned it specifically because the night before, he and his wife had seen Depatures, which was a Japanese film, and we'd already spoken about my school plans (guess what prompted him).

After I got my new 'scrip, as they like to call it, I made my second visit to the Holocaust Museum. I wish I had more time, but they have odd hours, which are even shorter on Friday. I got there around noon, and it closed around 12:30, so I just breezed through. I somehow missed a guided tour, because as I pulled out of the parking lot, a giant group was standing outside. I've been wanting to learn more about Judaism and its connections to Christianity, and I grabbed all sorts of fliers, because they have these free lectures and such, but it looks as though I grabbed the wrong ones for that information. The website isn't much more useful, but I'm pretty tired, so I didn't look hard... yet.

I'm going to bed at 12:30 AM, and it feels so early, but I'll actually wake up... TOMORROW MORNING. Madness!

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment